Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Martha, You've Done It Again!

As an impulse purchase, I picked up Martha Stewart's Halloween Handbook... Something about those colored contacts she's wearing on the cover just made me have to have it.

Oh. My. Gods.

I had joygasms reading through it, while I'm sitting here waiting for my diapers to wash. Seriously. I always love Martha's Halloween issues, and this one is fab. So many great ideas...
/le sigh... I'm excited about our wedding...

Too bad we had to put it off... because I want to do all this stuff NOW. Like, right this minute. But nooo.... We had to go have a baby instead. :P 
I guess it's all to the good, though, because next year, we'll have more ideas, and time to prepare. It's funny to think that, had Alex not surprised us, I'd be stressing about our party, instead of diaper rash. Cause mostly, we just want to have a frikkin' huge party. 


The getting-married-for-real thing isn't a big deal. Heather just wants some notice (like two or three weeks) in advance so she can make our cake. She's always looking for excuses to use her super-fancy KitchenAid mixer. And we'll be able to find a super-adorable tux for Alex, who will be walking and cuteing at everyone by then. Maybe I'll even get him to dance... Oh, the cuteness!

I already have a dress (in black, of course), I'm back to my pre-pregnancy size already, my ladies (heather, Holly, my sister, and possibly GW's sister) are gonna be all Goth-tastic, one of my DJ friends is doing our music for free as a gift, and our priestess only wants payment in Margaritas (a pitcher full, or however many she can drink without falling over, whichever comes first) and to be able to wear one of her belly-dancing costumes (of course, I said HELL YEAH! to both of her requests)... so that's all we really need anyway. 
Everything else is just icing on our black cake. 
I'm excited for this (did I mention that already?). 
It will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments :)