Friday, September 3, 2010

So, This Kinda Sucks...

I was all excited that I'd have a year to prepare our wedding, and it would be fabulous. Well... No dice. I need to get married yesterday.
How this happened was:
I no longer qualify for state heath insurance, with GW's income. So, we thought it would be a simple matter to just add me & TJ to his insurance (Alex is already on it). Then we find out that he can't do that unless were're married. They cover same-sex domestic partnerships and their dependents, but they don't cover domestic partnerships for a man & woman. I think this is a little bit effed up.
I honestly don't give a rat's ass if I'm covered or not, but TJ needs coverage for dental- he's got braces. And of course, true to his douchebaggery, his father never offered to try to do anything about it.
So now, I have to get married, STAT.
I tried on my dress, it fits around my waist with room to spare, even in a nursing tank. But... lo and behold, it doesn't fit. It zips up... and then it gets to my boobs. Then it just won't budge the last 4 inches or so. So I need a new dress. I'm not having much luck with finding one. I found an incredible, AWESOME! skirt on Etsy, but they're all custom order, so it would take 3 weeks for them to get it to me. I sent a message, because it said they had 2 in stock, but nope, they don't, they're all customs.

And I would still need a new corset. I don't have any that are plain black. I'd probably be able to find one locally, though, at Midnight Boutique. They had some really nice, excellent quality ones last time I was there, but at the time, I chose a green one over the plain black. And now I'm kicking myself for it. /facepalm.

I really, really, want, need, have to have it OMGS! this dress, but it's over $1500, plus shipping from Europe.
 Just can't toss around that kind of cash right now... Even if it is one of the most incredible dresses I've ever seen.

But, there is this awesome dress on Etsy as well, only $500. Except it takes 1-2 months to make, because again, it's custom...
And, to top it off, I've lost my seamstress tape. So I can't even get a good measurement for ordering anything online. Knowing just how huge my boobs really are would be a big help. I think I'm up to a G cup or something insane like that. Go breastfeeding, right? :p 


I could make a skirt, but then well, when do I have the time? And I don't have a dressmaker's form (something I've wanted for years), so it would be a challenge, and my sewing machine still hates me. 


We talked about just doing a small ceremony, just to get the formalities over with before TJ's next orthodontist appointment... So it has to be soon. Really soon. Like within a couple of weeks... I won't get any of the dresses I like in that time. I'm really pissed about it, not about the married part, but I wanted it to be a big deal, with a huge party, and awesome everything, and it won't be. I can't even find a suit that will fit Alex. Mr. Big Baby is still just too small. Weddings shouldn't be depressing, but I seriously want to cry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments :)