Monday, September 6, 2010

First Day OUT Without Alex

My mom came to my house with my sister and our friend Shannon. Shannon's having a problem in her bedroom. Well, it wasn't just her problem, everyone who's gone in there has said it feels creepy lately. Her mother had stayed there to house-sit for her while she was doing something for the Coast Guard (training?) and had to go to the West Coast... Her mom ended up sleeping on the couch, because the bedroom freaked her out...

So we went to a shop where our (mostly my mother's) friend Tom was working to pick up some smudging stuff. On the way, I was telling Shannon what she could use, and how, and, lo, she already had the required items. (This was after giving her a lesson about how to use Sweet Fern, and cutting a bagful for her.) So when we finally got to the shop, we just kind of poked around at all the "magic" items, since she really didn't need anything. Tom (idiot) tried to be helpful and convert us to Wicca. Or maybe the pervert was just looking at our breasts. (He had an unhealthy interest in me feeding Alex at GFAK. Not like "Wow, the female body is so amazing & nurturing!" More like "Wow, your boobs are so amazing! Nurture me with them!")

After we were done doing nothing at the Luna Gallery, we went to the Christmas Tree Shop, because I wanted to pick up some more curtain panels. They were all out of the color I needed (red), but I did find some super-cute Halloween-themed board books for Alex. They were only $1.69, and for a board book, you can't beat that.
You spin the wheel, and the textures change! Sooo Cool!
It's Fuzzy! And Oh-So-Cute!
So it wasn't a completely wasted trip, and GW didn't call me once for help or advice or anything. To tell the truth, I was a little worried that the whole house had exploded, because he can't even go to the grocery store without calling me six times. I also picked up two glow-in-the dark star fridge magnets with the boy's names on them, and 2 others- a spiderweb & a grim reaper. I have an addiction to fridge magnets. I'm perfectly willing to admit I have a problem, and that I can't won't stop buying or making them. Hey, at least it's not crack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments :)