Friday, August 27, 2010

I know which ones I hate!

As in, the cloth diapers... As a little FYI, Alex has a tiny waist, and chubby legs. Well, more muscle than chub, but that's irrelevant. He's also a heavy wetter, day or night. So here goes... I put pictures of the colors I recieved.

Ones that are definitely going back:
Thirsties Duo in Ocean Blue


Thirsties Duo:
Hate. The legs are too tight, the waist is too big, and they leave red marks on Alex's chubby thighs. Also, not as absorbent as I'd like. He can't wear this one for very long, so I only put it on him when I'm expecting him to poop right away, and then I have to change him ASAP, because the leg gussets don't work, and crap leaks out. The inside has retained the most stains out of all the diapers. The only thing I like is the color.
Thirsties Wrap- Stormcloud


Thirsties Wrap:
Meh. Not a fan. Same fit issues as the Duo, and again, leaks out the gussets. I've only used it a few times with prefolds & flats. Alex seems to hate it. Again, I just like the color.
Kissaluvs Fitted- I got Lemon.


Kissaluvs Fitted:
Yucky. They don't fit well in the Thirsties Wrap that came with the package. I put it in the GroVia shell, where it fits a little better. BUT, when Alex wets, the whole thing gets soaked. The moisture stays on his skin and turns him red everywhere. Perhaps he's sensitive to the fabric it's made from, but it could be just that he's got pee all over him... They wash well, (no stains from poo) but take FOR-EV-ER to dry.


BG AIO- Twilight 


bumGenius 3.0 All-In-One:
This one leaks sometimes, but I can stuff an extra insert in it to absorb more. It has the same fat waist/skinny leg thing going on that the Thirsties do. The main reason I'll be sending this back is for size, as he's almost outgrown it. The aplix is scratchy, but I can deal with it, I guess. It's very convenient for a quick change, and GW likes it, so I'm getting a few more in the next size up. It also holds stains more than the other 2 bumGenius ones I got, so I'm soaking it before it goes back.

Keeping:
BG V4.0 OS- Grasshopper

bumGenius V4.0 One size pockets (2): 
I recieved one with snaps, and one with aplix. I like the snaps better, but of course, GW likes the aplix. I like using these for longer nap times, because I can stuff both of the inserts they come with to increase their absorbency. The inner lining wicks away moisture, so Alex stays drier. RnG Hard Rock takes out any stains on the lining, but the microfiber inserts still have some light ones. 


GroVia Kiwi





GroVia Wrap (with insert): 
I honestly HATE the insert. It takes eternity to dry, and the top stays wet when Alex pees. Organic cotton sounds great, but in practice, it's a pain in the ass. I like the wrap, however, for my prefolds & flats. It fits Alex really well, and doesn't give him red marks on his chub. I really dislike the color they sent, but meh, he's only pooping in it, right? I considered sending it back... Only I lost the insert... Doh!

My Favorite:



FB Perfect Size- Mint

FuzziBunz Perfect Size Diaper:
OMGS! Luuurrrve this diaper!! It's sooo soft on the inside, I want to wear it as a neck warmer. Just Kidding. Almost. The insert holds a lot, but the whole diaper isn't too bulky. I like the adjustable snaps, and the leg openings fit just right- no red marks. And did I mention it's soft? Well, it's soft. :) It washes up nicely, no stains, except for minor ones on the microfiber insert. (I'm beginning to hate microfiber just for it's stain-retention factor.) We'll definitely be getting more of these. They have an awesome red called Watermelon, I'll be getting some. And it's soft! XD


Other:

Prefolds- 2 bleached Chinese Prefolds, 2 Unbleached Indian Prefolds:
They're ok, just regular prefolds, really. The unbleached ones are much softer, but I could just as easily get some Gerber ones at Wal-Mart*. The size they sent is too small already, so I'm sending them back.


Snappi: (mine came in turquoise, very pretty color)
GW thinks it's cool. I did too, I cut my finger on the damn thing. Word from the (now) wise: Be careful when using this. That bitch is SHARP! I now have a ragged, stinging cut on my finger, and I am not happy about it. It's going back. I'll just take my chances with pins (at least they make smaller holes :P).

Imse Vimse Flushable Liners: 
I like these! Lots!! I haven't tried flushing them, but I have re-washed a couple, they work awesome for poop. I know it says you can just throw BF baby poo in the washer, but I don't like doing that. I have to rinse them off first (yay OCD!), and these caught most of the solid bits, so I didn't have to do as much. The liners were actually a bit too big for the diapers, so I cut them in half. So it was like getting 10 instead of 5. Bonus! Some poo leaked off, but not too bad, it still saved me a lot of work. I've ordered the Bummis liners, as it says they're softer, and safe for septic systems. Imse Vimse didn't say anything about a septic system.






I guess I should say that:

No one paid me to write all this crap up. 

These are my own opinions, and your experience may vary. 

Did I mention the Fuzzibunz are soft??? XD

I have to edit this and say: 
GW forgot to send the diapers back to their home. I gave the Kissaluvs another go, and it still burns Alex's skin, so I won't be using it. Anyone want to give it (or any of the other dipes I wanted to send back) a good home? :D
I have become much better at using a Snappi, too. I'm much more careful with it now. Bummi's liners are softer, indeed, but they shift around a lot, the size I got is a tad too narrow. I don't use them very much, except when I'm expecting a big poo. FB's are still my favorite, and make up most of my stash now. Because they're soft.
*The prefolds are now beyond small, but they are great for stuffing my home made pockets with. Also, I discovered that Gerber prefolds aren't made like the ones I have anymore. I guess that now, they use poly stuffing, which doesn't absorb. Who'd a thunk it? Cha-cha-cha-cha changes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments :)