Sunday, June 6, 2010

So Now, We Wait... And Wait... And Wait Some More...

As of now, I'm 40 weeks and six days, according to my LMP. "Overdue". Since TJ came at 37 weeks, this waiting is killing me. And, all this week, Dr. M is on vacation. He didn't expect me to be pregnant this long, and well, neither did I. Everything has gone well, except for early on, when I had BP issues. They resolved, and I no longer need medication for it. I was having contractions that were painful around 20 weeks, and my cervix was softening, so Dr. M put me on "light duty", to avoid pre-term labor. I was given the go-ahead to do anything I wanted to after 36 weeks, and if I went into labor after that, so be it. I have not. Obviously.

I've been having periods of prodomal labor, but nothing has really changed. It's quite painful, and then I get excited counting contractions, but nothing ever happens except that I loose a night's sleep. My pelvis feels like it's splitting apart- the nurse I saw last Friday said there's nothing they can do for it, but it is a good sign that things are moving along as they should be. My last ultrasound showed that Alex is facing toward my back, and is in the perfect position for a natural birth.
Also, his weight at 38 weeks was estimated to be about 8 lbs, 6 oz. TJ was 7 lbs, 4 oz at 37 weeks, so I guess I'm supposed to have big babies. It doesn't really scare me, but it does make me wonder if he's going to fit into newborn clothes for more than 5 minutes, if at all. I'm considering bringing a larger "going home" outfit, just in case.

The positive side to that is he'll be able to fit into his gDiapers sooner, and I won't have to use disposables, although we have over 250 size 1's that were given to us by various people, mostly GW's work associates. The old ladies love my man, and they gave us a TON of stuff for the baby, including some lovely handmade quilts & blankets. One of the quilts is actually quite stunning, and I love it, it's made of cute safari themed prints. Some even went and bought items off of our registry. Not the cheap things, either. One got us the tub we wanted, another purchased the umbrella stroller, and another lady got the Baby Einstein play mat we thought was just adorable.

Most of the things we put on the registry, we didn't expect people to buy, but we were hoping to get with the "leftover" discount, or, that people could see what we needed, and get them second-hand if they found it. GW's step-mom picked up a combination changing-table & dresser, because there was one on the registry, and his sister got us a gently used pack-n-play, also, for the same reason. I still have TJ's highchair, and I also have the crib that my mother used for the four of us, and I used for TJ.

GW has been on leave for the last week, and he's driving me crazy with his nesting. He's nervous, excited, and impatient. I'm just impatient. Ok, I'm excited, too, but mostly, I'm so done with this, and I can't wait for it to all be over with, so I can sleep comfortably again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments :)