Friday, December 3, 2010

A week of sickness!

Sunday:
There's a tinge of soreness in my throat, and it looks a tad red. That won't stop me from trying to stay up until RnG goes on sale at 1! (fail: I fell asleep and woke up at 3. RnG's website was overloaded, and it took AN HOUR to get my order through.

Monday:
I can feel it getting worse. The tickle has turned into a cough. Time to bomb myself with vitamins, orange juice, and pickles. No fever, and only minor body aches, so it's not the flu. YAY!

Tuesday:
I HATE being sick. Everything in the house gets completely wrecked when I can't take care of it. The thing that bothers me most is the dinner situation.

GW: Did you have any plans for dinner?
Me: No, not really. Maybe throw some pasta in a pot and call it good.
GW: I can make dinner, hun
Me: What are you gonna make?
GW: How about I pick up some Webb's Mills?

What this means is: "I'm going to go get pizza." Nothing about that means he's made anything. Oh, except a trip down the road. He makes the trip to go get it. Does that even count? Anyway, I said sure to the pizza last night, because my mom had decided she needed to come up (late) and have me re-do her resume. Which actually only entailed adding a line to it, but whatever.
She mostly wanted to introduce her new boyfriend, Nick. (Yeah, another one.) He's a big fat biker dude with a Santa beard & long, white hair. I'm suspicious- I think he IS Santa. Nice, happy, fat guy with beard, glasses, and mane named "Nick"... I hope we were nice enough to him, and we don't get coal.
He's also "magikal".  (SEE??? He IS Santa!!!) Anyway, I said this was fine, as long as he doesn't get all Born-Again-Wiccan on us, like our friend Tom does. Mom said this wouldn't be an issue, he doesn't really talk about it much, and he's not into trying to convert everyone. Alex really enjoyed playing with his beard and glasses, which kept him occupied while GW and I tried to figure out the issues with my PC- it wasn't connecting to our home network, and generally being a bitch about everything. So GW & I got to be ALONE IN OUR BEDROOM! OMG! but, we were busy, and I'm sick anyway, so there was no making out. /sigh.
And the diapers still had to get done.

Wednesday:
I caved, and took some Robitussin for the cough, and some Motrin for the sore throat, because I was feeling like ass. The OJ and vitamins were just not doing it for me anymore. Went to WalMart to spread my sickness to the general public, because everyone needs to suffer like I am. (Just kidding, I'm very careful to keep my hands off stuff, and cough into my shoulder, not on my hands.) I also picked up some Sleepytime Throat Tamer tea, which helped a little, and I got some sleep, too.

Thursday:
I'm feeling a little better. Now when I cough, I can taste the sickness, and it's gross. But, that also means I'm getting better.
Had a major brain fart. I thought it was Friday. I cleaned out the fridge, and put the compost all together, because TJ takes it out on Friday as part of his chores.
I thought I was SOOO awesome. Look what I can do! And I'm sick! Go me!
You should have seen the look on TJ's face. It was a cross between: "Mom, you've lost it," and "Mom, you're the biggest idiot I've ever met". I was so sure it was Friday. But after checking my phone, it really wasn't. Doh! TJ was a sport, and took out the compost anyway. So now my kid thinks I'm a mentally deficient nutcase. Great.

Friday:
A little bit better than yesterday. I took some more Robitussin last night. This morning, I woke up with a really low milk supply. I think it's killing my boobs, so I need to avoid it. BOOO to decongestants! >:/
At least it really is Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments :)