Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Why I Shouldn't Make Diapers For YOU.

Ok, I'm going to make a list now of all the reasons you do not want my diapers.

First off, Pattern.
The pattern I make my dipes from is completely customized to fit my baby. It probably won't fit yours. Right now, I'm only making pocket fitteds, because that is what I need for overnights. I have customized it until I can stuff it full of what I need, so it's probably going to be too big for most babies. Oh, and it still needs a cover.

Next, Time.
We all know that time is money. I don't know how much my time is worth, but I do know that I don't have much of it to spare. I couldn't promise you X number of diapers by X date, because chances are, you'd be pissed I couldn't meet the deadline.

Next, Choices.
I don't have much to offer for prints. I usually only buy just enough to make one or maybe 2 diapers from each print that I have. I only have 4 snap colors, if you count the size 16 white ones. The others are red, black, and teal. I don't do AI2's, nor do I have materials for making them. I stuff my dipes with inserts from other dipes, and microfiber towels from the auto department. I just recently got some washcloths to use for this as well... So, yeah, no OBV or OBF or hempin' here.

Next, Quality.
If you've read any of my other posts, you'll know that I HATE my sewing machine, and it sucks. I just wouldn't feel comfortable making you shoddy dipes.
But... I've seen some WAHM dipes lately that made my skin crawl, and weren't worth the fabric that was abused to construct them. I wouldn't ever make mine that bad, but still, I don't want to end up on the "this WAHM suxxorz" list. And I don't want to go crazy, and start making things like nursing sombreros and "learning toys" out of junk. I don't want to ever have to tell someone that "all I can do is try".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments :)