Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Making Things...

Is taking up my time, and so, I haven't written anything with substance for a while.
I'm trying to perfect my diaper making, and it's slow going.
I made The Cutest Diaper Ever, only to find after testing it out that it wicks, which was a huge mental setback for me.
So I bought some fleece to line the diapers with. Get it home, and I find it's the wrong kind of fleece. It repels. I wanted the absorbent kind. :(
So I made some booties out of the fleece. And they're too small. (and misshapen, and don't stay on...)
So I made some wipes out of my scraps. They work, but Miss Priss (my sewing machine) thought they were tasty, and tried to eat most of them. Meh. :P
Go me.
Miss Spider, my sink pet, can't keep up with all the flies in the bathroom, so they are now all over the house. I opened the diaper pail to do a wash, and three came flying out. I'm doing some extra washing on those diapers. I was totally grossed out. I have to give her credit, though, she dumps her prey in the sink when she's finished with it. She's a very tidy spider. 

And just a little bit of cuteness (in case you don't think spiders are cute)... Alex being cute :D
 The one below is Alex in a WAHM diaper that I bought to match my bathrobe that I bought especially for the hospital (which he is on, if you couldn't tell). It was made by this seller, DypesByDixon. Sooo Cute And Soft! And it works (unlike mine). Alex is actually sleeping in it right now. She's doing a custom drawing right now, so of course, I entered. When I got my package from her, there was an organic lollipop in there. I'm sure she didn't know my favorite flavor is strawberry, but that's what I got, and it made me squee!
Oh, and GW has noticed that Alex's hair is red. And we had to have a discussion (not sure if he was totally serious, but it bugs me) about whether or not he was really his. Idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments :)