Friday, July 23, 2010

Skeeter Infestation!!!!!

I HATE mosquitoes. I'm severely allergic to their bites. And for some reason, for the past few days, there are a shitton of them in my house. Biting only me. Why is this??? How did the fkkers get in? Why are my spiders failing to catch them?

Usually, I'm quite pleased with my house spiders. They take take of flies, skeeters, ants, and such like that are bothersome to me. I don't mind them at all. In the fall, I just clean up the dead ones, and wait eagerly for spring's new little hatch-lings.

Heather thinks this is creepy.

I think it's economical and planet-friendly.

But now that they aren't doing their jobs, I'm a little irate. Not that I'm going to kick them out or go on a killing spree. I just wish they'd do their jobs a little better.

Our most recent addition is a tunnel spider that lives by our downstairs bathroom sink. It's not bothering Hella, so it doesn't bother me. When GW found her, he left her there. He thought she would scare me. I was surprised, but not scared. And it's "his" sink anyway. It's filthy, I don't use it unless I have to... If he wants her gone, he's going to have to do it. No way am I going near her fangs. They're huge. Since she's moved in, the fly population that's been plaguing that bathroom (& litter box) has gone down significantly. This is a huge bonus. I hate those flies almost as much as I hate skeeters, if only because there's so many of them.

Today, I killed 2 skeeters. Last night, I also killed 2 of them. The night before, it was just one. All of these had bitten me. I just got bitten again, but was unable to locate the offending skeeter.

I'm at the point of paranoia about this. Does anyone know a good way to get rid of them? I've checked all possible entrances, and everything is still sealed up tight. This is way too many to have gotten in when the doors are open. I'm at a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments :)